Are you suffering from Chronic Tendon Disease?
Do you have:
- Daily persistent pain in a localized joint, worsened by activity?
- Pain associated with point tenderness?
- Reduced mobility in the affected joint?
- Pain that has lasted more than 3 months?
- Pain that has not improved with conservative treatments?
Chronic Tendon Disease can take many forms:
- Achilles tendonosis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Jumper’s/Runner’s knee
- Shoulder pain / Swimmer’shoulder
Now, there is a solution to chronic tendon disease:
Tenex Health TX™ combines ultrasound imaging for visualization to pinpoint the location of the damaged, tendon tissue with the advanced TX MicroTip™ to specifically cut, break-down and extract the damaged tissue and stimulate a healing response. Since the surrounding healthy tissue is not disturbed, patients enjoy less discomfort and quicker recovery times versus traditional open surgical procedures.
Why choose Tenex Health TX™
- Quick pain relief
- Return to normal activities rapidly
- Local anesthetic used instead of general anesthesia
- No sutures, no stitches (requires only a small, adhesive bandage)
- Minimally invasive, not open surgery
- Covered by most insurances
The procedure is performed in an outpatient setting at our MVP-New Brighton office; the procedure takes less than 30 minutes, uses only local anesthetic and allows the patient to walk out of the office. Dr. Troy Long, an interventional radiologist, performs the procedure as it is an ultrasound, image-guided treatment.
Who is a candidate for Tenex Health TX™
- Individuals who have tried any combination of conservative treatment (rest, ice, compression, elevation, physical therapy, cortisone injections and medication) with little or no improvement
- Individuals who would like try a minimally invasive procedure before scheduling a potentially unnecessary tendon surgery
What you can expect with Tenex Health TX™ procedure:
- You will need to have a consultation with Dr. Troy Long prior to the procedure. At this meeting, Dr. Long will get to understand your symptoms and look at your painful joint with an ultrasound machine. Together, you will decide if Tenex Health TX™ is right for you.
- On the day of the procedure, Dr. Long will have you mark the exact location of your tendon pain then this area will be cleaned for the procedure.
- The procedure takes less than 30 minutes and uses only local anesthetic, so you can drive yourself.
- Some patients take over the counter pain medication if they have discomfort after the procedure.
Tenex patient testimony
Plantar Fasciitis made it difficult to do almost anything and I would wake up constantly at night from the pain. The Tenex procedure took only 3-4 minutes per foot and I was able to walk out on my own and drive myself home. The best part was that several days later, the pain was completely gone. I can’t believe how much better my life is!